Servicing the needs of over 6000 customers since 1970

Our products and services

Life and Critical illness insurance:

If you are aged 16 - 55 and wish to get an online quote for Life or Critical Illness Insurance go to our associate site at

Funeral Insurance:

If you need a simple funeral plan, with a level premium and no health exams -

Medical Insurance:

Pay less for medical insurance.

100% cover up to $250,000 per annum - no limits.  If you want an instant Medical Insurance quote -

KiwiSaver and retirement planning:

If you need information about KiwiSaver, retirement planning, or budget changes.  Information is available for employers, employees and individuals.

For other advice:

For general advice about how we can help you with insurance , investment and mortgage products.  Then this site is right for you.


Name: John Francis HydeRegistration Number: FSP 94701
Address: 129D Onewa Rd, Northcote, Auckland 0627
Trading Name: Costello Financial Services Limited
Telephone Number: 09 480 8308Fax Number: 09 480 8319
E-mail address:
This disclosure statement was prepared on: 8 August 2011 (updated 8 October 2012)

It is important you read this document

This information will help you to choose a financial adviser that best suits your needs.  It will also provide some useful information about the financial adviser that your choose.

In addition to the infomation that I must disclose to you in this statement, I must also disclose other information to you in a separate disclosure statement (or statements), including information about the types of services that I provide, the fees that I charge, and any actual or potential conflicts of interest.  If I have not provided that information to you at the same time as I give you this statement, I must provide it to you as soon as I can.

What sort of adviser am I?

I am an Authorised Financial Adviser.   This means I have been authorised by the Financial Market Authority(the government agency that monitors financial advisers) to provide the financial services described below.

How can I help you?

have been authorised to provide you with financial adviser services of the following categories:
  • Financial Advice
  • Investment Planning Service

When  I do this, I will be able to give you advice about -

  • Financial products provided by only 1 organisation
  • Financial products provided by a small number of organisations (2 to 5)
  • Financial products provided by a broad range of organisations (more than 5)

How do I get paid for the services that I provide to you?

Payment typeDescription

  • Fees only
My services are only paid for by the fees that you pay.  I do not receive payments from other people or organisations that my influence my advice.

  • Fees
My services are paid for by the fees that you pay as well as in other ways.

  • Commissions

There are situations in which I/my employer will be paid by other organisations.  How much that payment will be depends on the decisions that you make.

  • Non-financial benefits from other organisations

Other organisations may give me non-financial benefits depending on the decisions that you make.
I am required  to tell you about fees, commissions, extra payments and other benefits that I have received or will, or may, receive in relation to the services that I provide you.  I must tell you these things before I give you advice/provide a service or, if that is not practicable, as soon as practicable after I give you that advice/provide that service.

What are my obligations?

As an Authorised Financial Adviser, I must comply with the Code of Professional Conduct for Authorised Financial Advisers.  I also have other obligations under the Financial Advisers Act 2008(includinf regulations made under the Act) and under general law.

What you should do if something goes wrong?

If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of my service, please tell me so that I can try to fix the problem.

If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use the internal complaints scheme, you can contact the disputes resolution scheme that I am registered with, Insurance and Savings Ombudsman.

This service will cost you nothing, and will help us resolve any disagreements.  You can contact Insurance and Savings Ombudsman at:-

Address: PO Box 10 845, Wellington 6143               Ph: (04) 499 7612

If you need to know more, where can you get more information?

If you have a question about anything in this disclosure statement or would like to know anything more about me, please just ask me.  If you have a question about financial advisers generally, you can contact the Financial Market Authority.

How am I regulated by the government?

You can check that I am a registered financial services provider and and Authorised Financial Adviser at

The Financial Market authorises and regulates financial advisers.  Contact the Financial Market Authority for more information, including financial tips and warnings.

You can report or complain about my conduct to the Financial M arket Authority, but in the event of a disagreement, you may choose to first use the dispute resolution procedures described above (under what should you do if something goes wrong?).


I, John Francis Hyde, declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the information contained in this disclosure statement is true and complete and complies with the disclosure requirements in the Financial Advisers Act 2008 and the Financial Advisers (Disclosure) Regulations 2010.

This online version is unsigned, but if you would like a signed version, contact me at